varalaru-history-of-goldfather

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

the wiki wiki world

On the internet, there are 2 websites that I cannot live without.
1) wikipedia
2) google

I recently read an article about wikipedia in the IEEE spectrum (dec 2006). Basically wiki has redefined the term truth ("truth by consensus"). According to the 'spectrum', there was a talk show person, who appealed to the audience to bombard wiki with the "false-truth" that "the number of african elephants had increased in the last 6 months".

But the wiki "monitors" have succeeded in preventing this from getting in to wiki and for that matter any such false truth. hats off to them, for maintaining the wiki standards. It is a tough job to keep a non-profit organisation like wiki in such good standard. Good job, guys!

A small fact! If I search for an article in wiki, it is generally slow. But If I use google to search for the same wiki article, google gives the link much faster!!! So in addition to the normal search, I use google as a gateway to wiki. works for me!

wiki had this post about a tamil movie. inspired me to change my blog name!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varalaru_-_The_Story_of_the_Godfather

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home