varalaru-history-of-goldfather

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Target Swimming

Myself and PAM boy learned to swim in Sep/Oct 2005. It used to be a terrible winter-onset. But we used to wake up at 4:00 AM in the morning and go on to attend the swimming classes between 5:00 to 6:00 AM. PAM was a better swimmer. He was less afraid of the depth and had very good stamina. I was a bad swimmer.

But I continued my swimming even after oct, 2005 (PAM boy got lazy and stopped) and used to go to the pool every weekend. (Still my swimming improved only a little. Though my techniques got better, the biggest constraint was the fear of depth).

Now, Jogging schedule is in place. I will definitely be jogging, everyday of the months to come. Now, I want to start the weekend swimming too. This time I want to get rid of my fear and become a much better swimmer. First task - Should inquire about the pool timings in the Campus recreation center (CRC) of Geogia Tech.

PS: Did you know? The CRC (formerly Georgia Tech Aquatic center) hosted the swimming events of the 1996 summer Olympic games.

1 Comments:

  • At March 1, 2007 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Chaosrules said...

    'PAM was a better swimmer. He was less afraid of the depth and had very good stamina'

    Sigh,That was a nice!! But only i know the inner truth.I got brave the day i almost drowned :) Still remember that a!@#!@# instructor sitting by the pool side, fully wrapped in winter clothing and watching me struggle in the pool...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home